Friday, December 12, 2008

Madness

Well, maybe not........ I've had an interesting day. Not that I want to recount the whole darn thing, but I am frustrated and disappointed. Nothing that happened surprised me in the least, but there will some people who will gloat heavily at my expense right. about. now. Oh well, karma my friends can be a bit of a bitch.....

I've been on a couple freecycle type mailing lists for a month or so now. So far I've gotten a basket and tomorrow I will be, hopefully, picking up a corner hutch. I've been looking for one that wasn't too expensive, but hey, free is a very good price...to quote Tom Peterson....lol. We'll see what it looks like when I get it.

If anyone is interested in any woodwork, my husband is wanting to make and sell some. He will be making a cabinet (my Christmas present) and wants to branch out. He will start small (other than the cabinet) and make some cool looking boxes, and will go from there. I have told him about Etsy, and will show his work here when he's ready.

In the craft arena, I've been interested in the stamped jewelry for a while now. I found the stamps for a great price, but didn't get them yet. I may see where I can get the foundations and make some for myself. There are plenty of ladies who make these and they look wonderful.

Such a babbling post. What can I say, it's almost 11pm. :-)

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you guys lived closer, I'd LOVE to get some woodworking stuff! I could SERIOUSLY put your husband to work! LOL I LOVE LOVE LOVE old wood especially. I'm looking to put a partial fence in the backyard for photos, but I only want OLD wood that's mangled and scarred. I'm weird like that. LOL

    Did you ever get the cabinet?

    ReplyDelete

Come on in and sit a spell. Coffee's always on...