My weekend started Friday evening by dropping B's uniform off to him at school and then picking up J. So, J and I order pizza and a sub for the rest of the fam and have a pretty cool conversation. He went over his football game, almost play by play, because I was working and missed the game. He really enjoys football and I can see him going pretty far with it.
Saturday was another competition day. Since it was a later report time, B hung with some band friends and Bill, J and I went shopping a bit. The three of us got to the school in time to feed the band and have some ourselves. Bill was with the pit crew and J and I rode the bus, I was chaperoning. It poured the whole day so they moved the competition indoors. In that case, usually the bands, usually, just stand still (in the gym) and the colorguard will twirl the flags etc.... But our band did it differently. We still used a couple props (moved by J and I) and the band did do some marching and dancing. They learned that all in less than 2 hours. In the end, we Wowed the judges and audience. First place in our division, best music and best drumline...highest score of any of the bands there. They were awesome!
Yesterday we did the church thing. The boys are now going to sunday school...I tell ya, they are thrilled...lol.. But, no complaints and B is probably going to play tenor sax with the worship team along side M (who is also thrilled...lol). I'm trying to make this work, and I think it will....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Come on in and sit a spell. Coffee's always on...