Thursday, April 30, 2009

That time again

It's Writer's Workshop time again. Visit Mama Kat for the others.

The Prompts:


1.) Who really helped you get over something? Write about that person.(writingfix.com)
2.) Is plastic surgery an option? Without being vulgar, write about the body part still attached to you that you would most like to dis-attach and replace with a better one. (writingfix.com)
3.) Share an interesting email exchange you've had with someone lately.
4.) Have you thought about shutting down your blog? Why haven't you and what would cause you to make that decision final?
5.) Today I will...

This week I think I'll share about #4. I don't have any plan to shut down this blog, but I have others where I came close to it.

Back in 2001 I started my blogging adventure over at Xanga.com. I wrote daily there for probably a year or 2 before anyone in my family found out. I was a SAHM who watched some kids during the day, so I had a bit of time to write. I didn't necessarily hide the fact that I had a blog, I just never told my (ex) husband. I pretty much wrote about the same stuff I do here. SSDD... ;-)

When our marriage continued to started to head south I mentioned things, not a bunch of detail, just thoughts. At some point he found out. Didn't bother me too much. He then hacked into my account, wrote horrible stuff about me and even contacted a few people that I met through Xanga. He would comment on their sites and even email them if I had their addresses. Totally horrifying and embarrassing to me.

Luckily for me, I didn't lose any friends over his asshattedness. I still have that blog, mostly read there now. So, I don't shut them down, I just move on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that is crazy. I can't believe that you have been blogging that long. I only heard of it last year. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh. I remember that whole fiasco :-( Glad it's past and that I found you again :-)

    ReplyDelete

Come on in and sit a spell. Coffee's always on...